Constructing a triangle given the three side lengths
How to construct a triangle give the three side lengths
The theory behind how it works
Constructing a Triangle gicen the three side lengths
- Start off by drawing anyone of the sides you are given. (Line AB)
- Next take a second side length on your compass and swing from point A
- Take the final remaining side length and swing with your compass from point B
- Where the arcs intersect give you Point C. Join point A to C and point B to C. Creating your specific triangle as required.
- It does not matter what side length you start with.
- it also those not matter what angle you draw the first line at, the principles will always stay the same.